What is the BodPod®?
- The BodPod® uses air displacement to measure the volume of the body.
- From the measurement, body fat and fat free (lean) mass can be determined.
Why Use the BodPod®?
- Gold Standard for body composition assessment.
- It is a quick, comfortable and highly accurate method for calculating a person's body composition (fat and fat-free mass).
- It is a good way to evaluate your training regimen.
- It informs your trainer how best to tailor your fitness program.
- Informs you if your fat mass percentage is putting you at increased health risk.
BodPod® Test Protocol
- Your height and weight will be measured.
- The testing needs to be done while wearing minimal clothing so that excess air does not get trapped in your clothing. You will be measured wearing a swimming costume (please bring your own with you) with a swimming cap (we can supply) over your hair.
- You will need to sit very still inside the BodPod® for 2 x 1 minute periods.
- Total testing session time is 30 minutes.
Pre test requirements
- No food or exercise for 3 hrs prior.
- All jewellery needs to be removed.
- Dressed in swimming costume (you will need to bring this with you) and swimming cap (we can supply).