General Movements Training for Health Professionals
Prechtl's Method of the Qualitative Assessment of General Movements
Basic and Advanced Training
The Basic Course provides an introduction into Prechtl's Method on the Qualitative Assessment of General Movements in young infants. This new assessment method has shown its merit for the prenatal and postnatal evaluation of the integrity of the nervous system. Compelling evidence is now available that qualitative assessment of General Movements (GMs) at a very early age is the best predictor for cerebral palsy. This method has become a potent supplement to the traditional kind of neurological examination.
The Advanced Course will provide an additional intensive training in correct judgement. This training will deal with the details of the assessment, the proper terminology and technique as well as with the application of individual developmental trajectories.
Who should attend?
- Medical Specialists
- Occupational Therapists
- Registered Nurses
- Other professionals in the field of infant neurology
- Participation in the Advanced Course is possible only for individuals who successfully passed a Basic Training Course held under the auspices of the GM-Trust.
The course fulfils the standards specified by the GM-Trust.
- Dr Andrea Guzzetta, MD, PhD
- Prof Fabrizio Ferrari, MD
- A/Prof Alicia Spittle, PhD
- Cost: $1,500 (includes refreshments and lunch)
There are a limited number of places available for each course, so please register your attendance as soon as possible at:
University of Queensland Centre for Clinical Research
Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital Campus
Herston, QLD, 4029
View Google Map for more directions